About Me

My photo
Striving to live in the Grace of my Lord Jesus Christ for such a time as this...

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Mission Oak Inn


Jeff and I had a two day get-away at a small B & B in Henry called Mission Oak Inn. It is run by a Christian couple who felt let to start this bed and breakfast over eleven years ago. I think it has been running for maybe 6 years now.

I know that they won't mind me sharing the name on my blog as they are happy for the advertisement. It was such a wonderful quiet get-away for us and gave us time to talk and just BE with each other.


We tried out for the first time snow-shoeing and thanks to the big storm, we had plenty of snow to practice in. It was amazing how easy it was to walk in that deep snow (as we had to walk in it later without the snow-shoes and sank almost to our knees in places) and was exhilarating to go hiking through the woods in the brisk, clean air. We followed the tracks of deer and enjoyed the silence that blanketed the ravine.

Later we went ice fishing on the lake - another first in our book. This sled looking thing proved to be our hut later on.


Drilling the hole took but just a moment....

Tad-a!!

The fishing gear definitely looked different than what I was used to.


In a jiffy the tent was up and warm enough that we would spend the next almost four hours in. We did feel pretty numb by the end but I was amazed how comparatively warm we were as the outside temperature was in the teens.

This fishing hole brought back vivid memories of an Indian toilet....

Wax worms was the cuisine of choice for this particular day.


And the prized fish - Jeff caught a nice-sized crappie. I caught one also, but it got off the hook and I watched it sadly in the hole for several minutes before it swam away. We caught around 17 fish in all and had a wonderful meal with the kids when we got home. The Inn keepers kindly cleaned and packaged them up for us while we went inside to warm our toes and noses.

We are so thankful for Peg and Gus who were willing to watch our kids while we took off and thankful to the Lord for our time together and with Him. I just LOVE those quiet moments. We are blessed!!

No comments:

Post a Comment