About Me

My photo
Striving to live in the Grace of my Lord Jesus Christ for such a time as this...

Friday, February 18, 2011

The best Friday afternoon...


I was feeling kinda hungry, kinda nostalgic and kinda unmotivated to do anything practical or responsible.

After returning home from walking to pick up my kids from school, I convinced myself that my body just needed a few extra calories.

So...Cosette and I set to work at making cranberry scones. If I would have been on the ball, I would have had photos of the entire process like the "Pioneer Woman", but in all reality, I am just not that talented or efficient. I did find out, though that the fastest and easiest way to crumble cold butter with flour is to zap it in the food processor. 15 seconds and Wallah!!!



So with a nice warm cranberry scone in hand, still dripping a sweet icing glaze and a cup of proper english tea with milk and sugar in the other, Cosette and I enjoyed the fruits of our labor while chatting about her day.

And so I discovered, that was just the best way to spend my lazy Friday afternoon!


2 comments:

  1. I remember lovely afternoons with you, Brianne, tea, baked goods and good conversation. Tea with you is always a good idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fully agree with karriedaway's comment

    ReplyDelete