About Me

My photo
Striving to live in the Grace of my Lord Jesus Christ for such a time as this...

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Amazing!


There are times I would like to think I am a pretty good mom and wife.

But then I am reminded what a TERRIFIC husband and father Jeff is.

Jeff has been gone for the past couple of weekends and will be gone this next weekend (mostly work) and I have been trying to hold down the fort at home.

Well...last Sunday, Jeff told me to take a little nap in the afternoon and while I was asleep, he took all the kids to the store to buy ingredients for dinner that night. They ALL pitched in (well, perhaps not Cal, but I have no doubt he added his mischief to at least one of the dishes that night.) to make the dinner.



Cameron manned the grill, Cosette made the garlic mashed potatoes and Conner prepared the asparagus. Absolutely fabulous! I did not have to set the table, clear the table or wash dishes. I sat down and enjoyed an Argentinian steak kabob with all the trimmings with my family. I was then presented with some kind of silky, chocolate, chocolate, hazelnut, chocolate cake - words cannot actually describe how good it was. But here was the tricky part - I was the only one who got the cake so I had 5 pairs of eyes watching me eat it and I really, really, really did not want to share. Alas, I did, but purely out of guilt.



Jeff, you amaze me!!! Thank you Cameron, Cosette and Conner too for all of your loving hard work!! I was blessed!


No comments:

Post a Comment