About Me

My photo
Striving to live in the Grace of my Lord Jesus Christ for such a time as this...

Thursday, March 31, 2011

The Battle Hymn of the Tiger Mother

I do not know if any of you have heard of this book that is on the New York's top seller list. It was written by a Chinese mother who lives in the US and shares her parenting methods. It has been a buzz in the news as it has some pretty radical ideas that goes completely against the Western culture of how you nurture your child and coddle their self-esteem.

I am thankful for Al Mohler's review of the book (that Jeff shared with me) and am now just curious to read the book out of pure intrigue. Has anyone else read it? You can read the review for yourself - just click the link below.

The Battle Hymn of the Tiger Mother Review by Al Mohler

1 comment:

  1. wow, that sounds intriguing. It does raise a lot of thoughts in my mind...I'm sure I could learn a lot from her, but like Al Mohler said, it sounds like there is a clear area of care lacking in the moral and spiritual needs of the children. It does make me wonder though, am I coddling my kids too much? When is it pushing them too far? Things to think about.

    ReplyDelete