About Me

My photo
Striving to live in the Grace of my Lord Jesus Christ for such a time as this...

Sunday, April 3, 2011

Dad

I went to the house today to give my dad some barbecue ribs and corn bread.

Every time I enter the house, it seems to echo mom and the echo seems a little more empty each time. Piles of sympathy cards lay open, sliding off of one another. The beautiful flowers from the funeral are now fading and the pedals are littering the table. It all seems so strange, so quiet, so curiously unfamiliar...

I went into the den where dad was and his eyes seemed so tired...so empty. Today he seemed more sad than I have seen him all week. I hug him, joke with him....try to just be with him. I sense his great loneliness and have no idea what to do.

So....

If you think of my dad today, please say a little prayer for him - that Grace will help cover the brokeness and emptiness that he so intensely feels right now. There is just no easy way to walk through this, but I do pray it will draw him every nearer to his Savior and Lord. And for now, I will walk beside him.

2 comments:

  1. Oh Janet...I'm afraid I know that scene, that look all too well. I'm praying for you guys so much!! I ache for each of you...praying especially for your dad today. Love you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How you have been on my heart, dear friend....and now much more in a very tender and specific way!! I paused to pray for you....for your dad. What a blessing it is that he has you there by his side to lighten the load of grief...and all while grieving yourself. May Grace carry you both through the storm! You are loved from afar by all the Nakamuras!! :)

    ReplyDelete