About Me

My photo
Striving to live in the Grace of my Lord Jesus Christ for such a time as this...

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Jeff #2


The Second thing that I really love about Jeff, and I must admit somewhat hate about him as well, is that he is very spontaneous.

Before we had kids, this was a terrific thing. At the drop of a hat, Jeff would whoosh into the room and say, "Hey, we have two minutes before the $1 matinee starts - Let's go!" We could be driving in one direction and Jeff would suddenly do a U-eee in the middle of the road because he thought of something that would be more fun than what we had initially planned.

Now that we have kids, his spontaneity has slowed a tiny bit. But he definitely pushes me to drop my plans, change my mind, reconsider another option or just chuck the idea all together.

I tend to like to know what is going to happen, stick with the schedule, check off the list....
Jeff has the ability to be very systematic as well so I am jealous when he is able to just throw it all to the wind whenever he wants to.

Now, this can also be irritating when he decides he wants to cook a gourmet meal (one that we have no ingredients for) and it is 6:00 at night. I find myself getting nervous and stressed out and do not have the ability to loose myself in the moment like he can.

I LOVE to see couples together and watch their personalities and tendencies and just ponder how different they really are and how wonderfully God paired them up together. I also love to see older couples and watch how their differences have complimented one another and see how they have melded together to becomes such a stronger unit.

So, I am thankful for Jeff's spontaneity and how his freedom to live in the moment at times opens up a whole new side of me!

No comments:

Post a Comment