About Me

My photo
Striving to live in the Grace of my Lord Jesus Christ for such a time as this...

Friday, March 11, 2011

Waiting

I am sitting in the hospital room with my mom waiting....for now not waiting for anything in particular - just waiting.

It reminds me of a Dr. Seuss book, "Oh The Places You'll Go". In it, it talks about waiting and how much of our time is spent waiting - waiting at the bank, waking for the dentist, waiting for the bus, waiting for your life to being or end....

I am not good at waiting as I suspect most of is are not. I want to know NOW what is going to happen. I want to know what I am suppose to do. I always want to be on the other side of waiting.

And now I find myself waiting and strangely enough I am sitting here with my mom who is waiting as well for entirely different reasons.

As I have been waiting anticipating what our next step in life is, I have come to realize that waiting does not mean sit back and twiddle my thumbs. What am I doing during this waiting period?

I have been convicted, especially over the past several weeks as we have been fervently praying about our future.

How well am I using this waiting time?

Am I doing?

Am I listening well?

Am I hearing?

Am I serving?

Am I abiding?

Lord, help me to wait with anticipation and joy. Help me to wait on my knees and on my feet serving. Help me to wait faithfully abiding in you, in the truths you have already given me.

And I pray this for my moms she too waits in this hospital bed for what you have next for her.


1 comment: