About Me

My photo
Striving to live in the Grace of my Lord Jesus Christ for such a time as this...

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Psalm 71



Your righteousness, O God, reaches the high heavens. You who have done great things, O God, who is like you?

You who have made me see many troubles and calamities will revive me again; from the depths of the earth you will bring me up again. Yo will increase my greatness and comfort me again.

My lips will shout for joy, when I sing praises to you; my soul also, which you have redeemed.

from the end of Psalm 71

I was reading these words this morning and the Lord ministered to my heart.

I have been away from the news for awhile and yesterday evening, I was reminded of the turmoil the world is in and the incredible pain and suffering that is all around us...How can we find any hope save in our Lord who is forever good and righteous and great??

Cosette is sick again today.

I think all the upheaval of emotions for her left her weak and vulnerable. I have been amazed at how she has processed - or rather is processing all that has happened. She asked Jeff if cancer was contagious. She asked me how I can go on as if nothing had every happened. (I came home from the funeral and started washing dishes.) She asked her other grandmother at the visitation, "Why does grandma have to be in grey casket? She loved colors. She would have hated to be in a grey casket."

She is actually helping me grieve.

I am not sure how to help her. I suppose there is just some pain that I cannot take away for her no matter how hard I try.

And so today, I will stay by her side, nurse her back to health and perhaps just cry with her....and we will sing praises to our God together :).

4 comments:

  1. thank you for writing....it's so good to know your heart. praying for your family now and in the days to come.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Janet...I've learned that everyone grieves in their own way and there's not a time table to measure yourself up against to see if you're "on point" in the process. I'm praying and praying. Maybe sometime we could get together? I miss my Lemans.

    ReplyDelete
  3. precious mom/daughter times. It is amazing to me what goes on in kids minds. So glad that she is communicating these things to you and not just holding them in. <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. I appreciate your comments, Tami as I know you know first hand the grieving process...it was so good to see you at the funeral - Cosy could use a hug from YOU right now :).

    ReplyDelete