About Me

My photo
Striving to live in the Grace of my Lord Jesus Christ for such a time as this...

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Family Getaway

Last week, we went on vacation. We had debated on going to the ocean, to the Grand Canyon, to Niagara Falls or to Mackinac Island. We had BIG plans to spend a week traveling in a grand, glorious vacation.


But due to a purchase of a house and a trip to India, we settled on a three-day getaway to a small lake just north of Chicago. We rented a small cabin, and spent one day on a boat fishing and swimming....


I admit that I was a little disappointed that we were not able to do something "grander" for our kids....something that they would really remember...

AND again, I was humbled by the reminder that it really doesn't matter what we do - our kids love being with us and having our undivided attention! We had a ball hanging out together on the boat. We laughed at the "giant" fish that Conner was catching. We took naps in the sun and chased each other around the boat on our noodles. I have no doubt that they will remember this vacation...

We enjoyed each other's company away from the busyness of life. There was no pressure to be anything but ourselves (especially Calvin) and we had a blast!


Life will now hit full speed ahead as we start school next week, pack to move to our new house and prepare for our trip to India to close up a house there. I find myself easily overwhelmed by the tasks ahead of me.

I have been learning about the different names of the Lord in a Bible study that I am doing with some ladies and I realize that I need to trust in my Jehovah-Jireh - "the Lord will provide" for these next weeks ahead.

He is able to provide the strength, endurance, grace, and mercy that I need. And I pray that He will provide these things to the end that others may see HIM instead of my bumblings in all these endeavors - that He will be glorified and worshiped for who he IS.

No comments:

Post a Comment