About Me

My photo
Striving to live in the Grace of my Lord Jesus Christ for such a time as this...

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Happy Anniversary, Jeff!

Fifteen years ago today I was getting ready to walk down the aisle to be forever joined with my life partner. And I do have to admit that there was some trepidation about entering into this commitment. I knew that the Lord had brought us together and had led us to marry, but Jeff was just so different than me in almost every way...I mean really different...

He is brilliant, driven, an extrovert, loves licorice and golf, and knows more statistics than 12% of the general population. I struggled in school, am laid back, HATED miniature golf as a kid and can't hardly even remember my kid's names.


But more than anticipating our differences, I could not imagine that he really wanted to spend the rest of his life with me. I remember giggling with my girlfriends in high school about this very moment and what it would all be like....

And now fifteen years later (which seems like a blink of an eye) I find myself completely sure that I could never be with anyone else. Jeff is still extremely different than me, but I am amazed at how we become more alike in so many areas. We actually do finish each other sentences or think about the same thing at the same time. I understand his passions, I know what he loves and what he hates, what excites him and what drives him crazy...and hopefully we are learning to balance each other out.

And I realize that this is still only the beginning! I look at couples who have been married 25 years or 50 years...we are still just novices.

So today I publicly thank and give praise to God for giving me Jeff. I acknowledge that it is only by His Grace that we are together and it is He who sustains our marriage.

And Jeff, I want to publicly say that I love you more today than I did last year...more than yesterday....and will gladly walk by your side as we embark on the next fifteen years together and beyond as the Lord gives us.

No comments:

Post a Comment