About Me

My photo
Striving to live in the Grace of my Lord Jesus Christ for such a time as this...

Saturday, July 30, 2011

Calm Waters??

Jeff and and I were having a conversation the other night about a problem I was having with a company trying to get what I needed from them. I had resolved that it was just not going to work and had sent them a kind "thanks anyway" reply.

Jeff was irritated with me and said, "You have to push them harder to get what you need. "

I responded with, "But I don't want to upset them. I think it is better not to rough up the waters."

And then his very gentle response...


"The only thing you get with calm waters is a bunch of fungus growing on it!"

Now there are some wise words to live by.

1 comment:

  1. haha... I like it.... gonna have to use that one sometime...

    ReplyDelete