About Me

My photo
Striving to live in the Grace of my Lord Jesus Christ for such a time as this...

Sunday, July 17, 2011

Ah the memories....of being a bad mom

Sometimes I have to laugh at myself as to what a bad mother I can be. Perhaps because if I don't laugh, I will cry.

I was recounting an incident with a friend this week of when I was running with Conner this winter into a building through the bitter cold wind. It was the kind of wind that you put your head down and just hope you make it to the door before your ears freeze. I remember Jeff holding the door open for us and I was just pumping my legs trying to get there. I ran through the door with all my might and somehow managed to forget that I was holding Conner's hand. So...I went through the door and Conner went smack into the wall next to the door. I felt so bad BUT I started laughing. The whole picture was so ridiculously funny, but it was my child that I just smacked into the wall! He was fine and thought it was a little funny himself (although he was NOT laughing like I was).

The other thing that I have been reminded of this week is that my children so love to be with me. Perhaps not me per se, but their mom. I find it is easy for me to put them in activities or send them off to do something so that I can get things done. But this week I played tennis with them - they would have played for hours with me. I played in the pool instead of sitting along the edge making phone calls or talking to other moms (at least part of the time) - I had four children hanging on me. We rode bikes, ate ice cream, went to a car show, played games...we had a ball together!

Why is it so easy for me to forget that they love just being with me? (except when I run them into walls.) And as it turns out...I LOVE being with them!



I included this picture as it was a reminder to self that as I am thinking of how I can improve as a mother, I must teach them some better manners AND at the same time, it is good just to have fun with them.

1 comment: