About Me

My photo
Striving to live in the Grace of my Lord Jesus Christ for such a time as this...

Saturday, November 20, 2010

Wild One!

This is my wild girl.

I love this picture of her because it displays her spirit so well. She is carefree, doesn't care what others think of her, independent, infectiously joyful, and has a passion for everything she does.


She enters into projects head first, full-speed ahead, without a thought of what she might need or what obstacels she might encounter. This I love about her. But when she does hit a barrier, she wants me to fix it right then and there or she will scrap the project altogether, leaving everything right where she pulled it out. Wading through debris from the wake of her ambitions can be a frustrating and sometimes terrifying feat.

Along with her enthusiasm, she can be scatter-brained, careless and well....how can I say it....annoying. Jeff says that I am too hard on her and I am sure he is right. As I have been told by so many, you dislike most in your kids what you see of yourself. So now I have just told you what I am like much of the time!

Her lack of focus has been a difficult thing in school and we have had some tearful nights as she struggles to focus enough to study for her tests. I wish so much I could take some of her struggle away and we are doing things that will hopefully benefit her and help her concentrate better. But I know that the struggle is part of the journey, is it not? If we did not struggle, we would not strive and we would not need to rely on our Lord for his strength and grace and help in time of need.

So I am thankful for Cosy, her struggles, her annoyances and her very precious spirit. She is teaching me so many things about myself and revealing so many of my own weakness and faults and sinful areas.

Whenever I think of my Cosy I see this face...this smile....this light and thank the Lord once again for her!



PS. In case you were curious, the winner of the Leman Limbo was my brother-in-law Brad. Who would have thought???

1 comment: